Who are you?
You love to manage, coach and develop staff, through effective situational line management, ensuring appropriate opportunities for training and development. You have proven academic capabilities, including an excellent research portfolio and presentation skills. You also have the ability to network and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders. In addition, you have:
- PhD or equivalent plus at least 6 years’ experience demonstrating independently generated research outcomes within a research or commercial organization
- Ability to assess complex situations and maintain a helicopter view
- Demonstrable team leadership experience
- Strong communicative, social and organizational skills
- Supervisory skills, evidenced by coaching of researchers
- Openness towards interdisciplinary cooperation
- International orientation, evidenced by international research networks.
What will you do?
- Ensure the professional well-being of employees within the section, fostering positive team dynamics and creating a culture of inclusivity.
- Stimulate cross-sectional and inter-disciplinary collaborations.
- Maintain group identity and cohesion within the section.
- Provide structure, direction and purpose to the section: translate organizational strategy and objectives, providing employees context and direction, ensuring performance in line with organizational goals.
- Stimulate and monitor the personal development of employees and advise on career possibilities, enabling them to develop to full potential.
- Conduct annual job performance & development interviews, plus additional start and/or mid-term sessions as needed.
- Advise on adequate staffing and planning of projects
- All further line management related activities, including but not limited to: managing performance, on- and off-boarding, sickness and reintegration, leave registration, conflict resolution, training and development.
Domain representation and outreach:
- Represent and promote the eScience Center in its national and international context.
- Ensure and increase the visibility of the eScience Center among the domain.
- Raise awareness of the potential and importance of digital skills, and open science within the research domain
- Develop a community policy for the specific research domain together with the Community Managers.
- Monitor and interpret developments in research within a specific domain and tie these developments to the section to ensure the viability and continued impact of the eScience Center as a whole.
- Attend and speak at the relevant domain-related conferences, events and networks.
- Facilitate contacts with research communities.
- Stimulate acquisition of externally funded projects.
Activities related to core business (20%):
- In order to maintain affinity with the primary process, it is expected that the section head will dedicate a percentage of their time to project-related activities, such as engineering, consulting, acquisition or outreach, to their own discretion.
What we can offer you:
- An informal and creative working environment.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of the eScience Center.
- Room for initiative and ideas.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- A good package of secondary employment terms, including a substantial leave scheme.
- Depending on work experience, a salary between €5333 and €6495,- gross per month (scale 13 CAO-OI), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours per week. We also offer a holiday pay amounts to 8% of the gross salary and a 13th month of salary as an end-of-year payment (8.33%)
- We follow the Collective Labour Agreement for Research Institutes (CAO-OI).
Are you enthusiastic about the vacancy and do you think you are the team manager we are looking for? If so, we would like to receive your application. Apply directly by sending your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ‘Vacancy Team Manager’ in the subject line. You can apply for this job until June 18th 2021.
Do you want to know more about the position ? Mail our Human Resources Department at email@example.com