Text Mining in Psychotherapy and (e-)health Research
5 Dec 2020
9:30 - 17:00
Upark Hotel Enschede / Online
Organized by the University of Twente in collaboration with the Netherlands eScience Center.
The work conference is organized as outcome of a 4-year collaboration in the research project What Works When for Whom.
Applied researchers in the field of psychotherapy research and (mental) health research with an interest in exploring the possibilities of automated text analysis (Text Mining). We especially invite researchers interested in research on internet-based treatments (e-mail, chat, fora etc.), although also those working with face-to-face data are welcomed. Previous experience with Text Mining is not required. Working with your own data will be facilitated. For researchers without their own data a test dataset will be provided.
The aims of the work conference are to:
(1) get acquainted with the possibilities of text mining research including but also extending research using Sentiment analysis and LIWC (Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count)
(2) gain hands-on experience with the upgraded Open Source Text Mining platform Orange extended with modules we developed specifically for TM research in psychotherapy and health related research (e.g. anonymization tools to work with sensitive patient data, visualization tools)
(3) build a network and explore possibilities for collaboration both in the Netherlands and internationally
Chair: Anneke Sools
9.30-10.00 Registration, coffee and tea
10.00-10.20 Opening and welcome (Anneke Sools)
10.20-10.30 Text mining research at the Netherlands eScience Center (Jisk Attema)
10.30-11.00 Early signs of drop-out in a web-based alcohol reduction intervention (Wouter Smink)
11.00-12.00 How to Cure with Words? Text-Mining in Psychotherapy Research” (prof. Erhard Mergenthaler)
13.00-15.00 Hands-on workshops: practicing with the Orange TM platform with own data brought by participants or with an existing dataset provided by the organization
Chair: Gerben Westerhof
15.30-16.00 Plenary feedback from the workshops
16.00-16.30 Brainstorm Lessons Learned and How to Continue
Location & Costs
- Physical participation (limited places!) at Upark Hotel Enschede including lunch, coffee, tea and drinks and access to the Canvas online learning environment with instruction materials and background information: €50
- Online participation via Canvas Conferencing and access to the online learning environment with instruction materials and background information: €25