Organised by the Software Sustainability Institute (UK), DANS (NL) and the Netherlands eScience Center (NL), the Workshop on Sustainable Software Sustainability 2019 (WOSSS19) will bring together software creation, user, evaluation, and deposition groups from an array of disciplines, industry representatives, and cultural heritage organisations, to explore and discuss all aspects around Sustainable Software Sustainability (3S), from how to revive important legacy to preventing new legacy issues via training and guidelines.
3S focusses on long-term supported solutions for Software Sustainability. It addresses two forms of sustainability:
● How to cope with the existing legacy software (sharing insights and methodologies to revive old software and keep it maintainable for the future), and
● How to prevent new legacy to be created today (devising methods and principles that lead towards maintainable software with minimal technical debt).
At WOSSS19, we will explore the following 3S topics in relation to research software:
● FAIR principles for Software
● Software Legacy/Heritage
● Software Development: current and future best practice
● Software deposition routes
● Software Directories
● Resource acquisition & planning
● Software handover and succession
WOSSS19 will be an interactive workshop hosting talks from key organisations and long-term projects to discuss and establish the state-of-the-art in Sustainable Software Sustainability. The aim is to document the current state of 3S, publish a report, and help broadcast our findings to any relevant communities of practice.
Register for free and see the latest information about the program! Spaces are limited and allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Date: April 24-26, 2019
NWO Den Haag
Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 300
NL-2593 CE The Hague
Registration fee: Free